It’s my favorite time of year…Daylight Savings Time! Yes, we lose an hour of sleep tonight, but boy does it feel good to have that extra hour of sunlight. What is the one the thing I look forward to the most about that extra hour of daylight? The fact that I can go for a run after work while it’s still light out!
With the new season upon us (March 20 is the Spring Equinox) the blog is getting a little revamp as well. Now you can read all of our healthy eating, running, fitness, yoga, and the like under the new tab Healthy Living. We’ve expanded our food section to Food and Wine that will feature our favorite restaurants, recipes and of course the Wine Down Wednesday posts. The Travel/NYC section will be a combination of our travels and our top spots to visit in NYC. Finally, (and maybe the one I’m most excited about) we’ll be adding a new Style section to the blog. Fashion is something I’ve always loved and been inspired by. It’s so much fun to get dressed! You’ll be seeing more of our style inspiration, how we’re dressing for the season and where we’re shopping.
Although it still feels like winter around NYC, I am so looking forward to springing forward tomorrow! Here are some of my favorite things about spring:
- Dining al fresco– one of my favorite spots is The Mermaid Inn on the Upper West Side for happy hour. $1 east coast oysters, $5 draft beers and lots of other yummy cheap apps such as fried oysters, fried clam sliders, and mini mahi tacos. There’s also a location in the Lower East Side.
Photo via Travel & Leisure
Photo via @themermaidnyc on IG
- Visiting the Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C– This is one of the most beautiful sights to see! I’ve done this twice and it just doesn’t get old. Peak bloom is predicted for March 19-22 this year. Check out the Festival page for updates.
- Wearing open-toed shoes! – I just bought these Vince Camuto Red Mules from Sole Society and I cannot wait to wear them! Stay tuned for some of the looks I have lined up for them in a future post.
- Running in Central Park– When isn’t it the right season to run in Central Park?
- The New York Philharmonic free concert under the stars on the Great Lawn of Central Park. This is a beautiful event and a perfect opportunity for a picnic in the park! Wine and cheese anyone?!
What are you looking forward to this Spring? Let us know on our Instagram!